At Informatica World, the company’s annual conference, the Silicon Valley company that has been at the forefront of the data revolution for the last two decades, unveiled the Intelligent Data Management Cloud, designed to help businesses truly innovate with their data on any platform, any cloud, multi-cloud and multi-hybrid for all users across the enterprise, beyond just IT.
In the next five years, businesses will have to increasingly grapple with the challenges of dispersed and fragmented data across a multitude of platforms, clouds and siloed systems throughout the enterprise, making it extremely complex to connect the right data with the right consumer for true digital transformation to take effect.
Informatica’s Intelligent Data Management Cloud is the comprehensive, AI-powered, end-to-end data management platform offering 200-plus intelligent cloud services to help an organisation reimagine and redefine how they innovate every single business function from customer experience, e-commerce, supply chain, manufacturing to analytics and data science, with a mission to create a world where every organisation’s data is poised for greatness and empowered to deliver outcomes of unprecedented brilliance at a scale never imagined.
“As the heterogeneity of cloud increases from applications to analytics to infrastructure what really matters is the data, not what surrounds the data,” says Amit Walia, CEO, Informatica.
“Data proliferation, fragmentation and decentralisation across multiple clouds and hybrid environments is the new normal. Those who can connect the right data to the right consumers, with ease and trust will move from digital modernisation to true digital transformation. Informatica’s Intelligent Data Management Cloud is the future of enterprise cloud data management and we are excited to bring this to our customers.”
“As data proliferation rises, companies will need an end-to-end platform that is capable of managing data regardless of where it is housed and more importantly powered by AI to offer real-time data intelligence,” says Scott Holcomb, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP. “As Informatica’s 2020 Global Partner of the Year, we look forward to collaborating with Informatica to bring the power of the Intelligent Data Management Cloud to our joint clients.”
Informatica’s new Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) is the industry’s most comprehensive, modern and holistic enterprise cloud data management platform, designed to be a game-changer with the following:
- Cloud native at scale to meet the accelerating demands of modern business: Data is growing exponentially as organisations shift to the cloud. IDMC is micro-services based and API-driven, scaling for all enterprise workloads with elastic and serverless processing. IDMC takes cloud native to the next level, offering all services in a single cloud-native platform for data integration, app and API integration and data management. Organisations have the flexibility to elastically scale up processing as the business demands and benefits from the ability to ingest data in any form at any latency to further the democratisation of data and empower business users with data-led insights.
- AI-powered, metadata-driven intelligence to turn sata into insights at massive scale: For organisations that process petabytes of data a day in a highly fragmented and dispersed data landscape, it is mission critical to have a metadata-driven system of record that is also powered by AI to enable them with valuable insights in real time to make smart decisions. Informatica’s AI engine, CLAIRE, is at the core of the Intelligent Data Management Cloud, enabling customers with AI and ML capabilities to derive insights from troves of data in minutes as opposed to several months with intelligence and automation, to substantially increase productivity.
- Enterprise-scale data management on any cloud, any platform: The new Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC) is the foundation for true digital transformation, enabling enterprises to visualise, analyse and collaborate with their data regardless of location or platform. It is a single cloud-native platform enabling data integration, app integration, API and data management at scale, all in one place. Built for hybrid, multi-cloud environments, IDMC runs all workloads at enterprise-scale in the cloud and currently processes more than 17 trillion transactions each month. Organisations will be able to connect, access, consume and govern data wherever it flows, be that in the cloud, cloud-to-on-premises environments or on-premises-to-on-premises environments.
- Agile innovation at speed with low-code, no-code cloud data management: The pace of business requires extreme agility to meet dynamic and ever-changing needs. IDMC maximises agility and collaboration with a low-code or no-code experience allowing customers to go directly from idea to implementation, responding to dynamic business requirements and changes in real time without the overhead of developing and maintaining code. By democratising data and empowering more users across the business with trusted, timely and actionable data insights at-scale, organisations can digitally transform business initiatives from customer experience, to e-commerce, to financial transformation and supply chain management.
- Security and trust by design with data governance: IDMC has security and trust as a design principle, not an afterthought. Data is the most valuable asset to organisations today and its protection is mission critical. IDMC offers some of the highest industry standards of data security and governance to define and enforce policies that ensure that appropriate teams can quickly access and understand data and other artifacts such as AI models and pipelines. It ensures trust with consistent enterprise-wide data quality and protects data to minimise privacy risks and manage regulatory compliance.
“New York City Health + Hospitals provides essential services to more than one million New Yorkers every year and a strong data strategy is critical for us,” says Alexander Izaguirre, chief data officer, New York City Health + Hospitals. “Informatica has been our trusted partner to help us manage data as part of our cloud modernisation, data governance and data integration strategy. It’s this platform approach to data that helps us accelerate healthcare innovation.”
The Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud is available in a consumption-based pricing model, which gives customers and partners the flexibility to scale up their cloud journey at a pace that suits their business. Informatica is now offering a free service model on Microsoft Azure to allow streamlined access and a simple testing opportunity.
Follow us and Comment on Twitter @TheEE_io