Nashville, United States. 07 June, 2022 – Extreme Networks, Inc., a specialist in cloud networking, has introduced a suite of new solutions, to create new ways for customers to drive better outcomes from their networks in the era of the infinite enterprise. The company has extended its ExtremeCloud portfolio to include new SD-WAN and AIOps with digital twin capabilities – enabling customers to deliver secure connectivity at the edge of the network, speed cloud deployments and uncover actionable insights – all from within a single platform.
As work from anywhere models are becoming the standard, organisations strive to find a way to modernise both branch and remote networks to securely connect applications in the cloud. With Extreme’s new SD-WAN offering, enterprises can:
- Simplify management by enabling customers to manage wired, wireless and SD-WAN from a single platform.
- Enhance security by leveraging a range of options from built-in firewall to advanced cloud security using EdgeSentry (powered by Check Point).
- Improve application performance optimising more than 4,000 apps and dynamically routing traffic to ensure quality experiences for critical applications like voice and video.
- Improve TCO via a simple, cost-effective subscription licensing model inclusive of hardware, software, support and customer success.
AIOps with networking digital twin and explainable AI/ML
ExtremeCloud IQ CoPilot AIOps solution is now available with several new features designed to improve deployment and day-to-day operations, while reducing business risk.
- Simplify staging, validation and deployment of switches and access points from the cloud with new digital twin capabilities. Eliminate weeks or months associated with hardware deployments by first creating a digital twin to ensure smooth roll outs.
- Reduce mean time to resolution leveraging explainable AI/ML to distinguish network anomalies and help IT and network administrators see, verify and trust proactive insights.
- Efficiently use IT resources with features like automated ticketing, which does not require customer action.
- Manage the network from any device using ExtremeCloud IQ Companion. IT teams can flexibly manage operations and gain real-time visibility into the network, regardless of location or device.
Extending universal platforms – More choice, more flexibility
Extreme today introduced the 5720 Universal Switch, the latest in a series of high-performance, feature-rich wired switches for enterprise deployments. Benefits include:
- Support for multiple deployment use cases makes it easy for customers to run their networking operating system of choice, while preserving hardware and associated licenses.
- Automate network operations, streamline network provisioning and enhance security as a result of support for Extreme’s Fabric Connect.
Jim Burke, chief information officer, John Carroll University says, “CoPilot is a game changer – its ability to proactively detect anomalies, prioritise actions and provide clear and meaningful insights is so far beyond what we’ve experienced in any other AIOps solution. We expect it will help to reduce risk across our organisation, while freeing up our IT team to focus on fixing issues before they happen, not after they’ve caused a significant disruption to business.”
According to Mark Leary, research director, network analytics & automation, IDC, “Productive and collaborative IT staff and teams, from networking to security to development and from engineering to operations to support, require complete network visibility and control to deliver on the full promise of networking in this hyper-connected digital era. Comprehensive network intelligence and insights serve to bolster service quality, problem resolution, threat mitigation and digital innovation. CoPilot’s emphasis on problem avoidance is a differentiated approach to applying AI/ML across the network. Further, leveraging a digital twin in a cloud networking environment will provide the confidence that investments are optimised, and system and service adjustments are battle tested.”
Nabil Bukhari, CTO and chief product officer at Extreme Networks comments, “Our new suite of solutions will better equip our customers to go beyond cloud management and start unlocking critical insights that make the network a strategic asset. We’re bringing security and connectivity together and making it simple to manage, deploy and scale to meet the ever-evolving needs brought on by the Infinite Enterprise. We’ve layered features into our cloud solution that will drive meaningful business impact and ROI by simplifying operations, removing complexity and reducing risk.”
Follow us and Comment on Twitter @TheEE_io